Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I don't think I've ever cried that hard

For a book, at least. There have probably been instances with my sister, or with a certain idiotic boy. Anyway, that's as far as THAT particular line of thought is traveling.
Back to this tearjerking book.

It's called If I stay, by Gale Forman, and is about a teenage girl who gets in a carwreck with her family. She's in a coma, but her 'spirit' is walking around, looking at her remaining family, her boyfriend, her best friend . . . and she's forced to decide whether or not she wants to stay on Earth, or die
Oh, my goodness.
I'm a booksnob. Normally, I won't pick up anything bigger than two hundred and fifty pages. I figure if I'm going to read, then I want to spend at least two hours(about the time it takes to finish the above mentioned number) reading it. This book caps at maybe . . . I'm not going to guess, let's go look in a tab.
Oh, it's like two hundred. Well, still, it's shorter than I'd normally pick up. Generally I'm in the 300-400's.
Anyway, back to the point.
It was so good. I cry at a lot of books, but this was the first all summer, and one of the first that made me cry multiple times. I think Kira-Kira managed it a couple years ago, and My Sister's Keeper made me bawl my eyes out. But I cried like three times in this one.
Wow, that isn't the best recommendation, I suppose.
But go read it anyway! I cry easy, maybe you won't.
(You probably will.)

2 comments:

mo said...

dude.
i was totally looking at this book the other day... and like you, didn't get it cause i wanted a thicker book.
oh my.

Sam said...

I suggest it.