Saturday, August 15, 2009

Nerves, more nerves, and guess what people? NERVES

So I got another partial request.
This one is from a rather fabulous agency, and now, I'm nervous.
Very.
I haven't sent it yet. Partly because the upload thingy isn't working and I don't have the bandwith on the computer to try and force it. There's a code to upload, which expires in like a week. Hopefully the bandwith will be back by then.
Now, I will blog about my nerves.
...
That's really all there is to say.
I'm really nervous.
After the one agent telling me my characters needed help, I've spent roughly . . . a million? Or a trillion, perhaps. . . . hours working on them, and it's still a tiny bit rough.
Or a lot, I'm still not sure. But it's tighter, definitely. I don't know that there's a whole lot more I can do until the computer gets back up. I had my sister read some and tried to have a friend reread it, but her computer didn't work. Sigh.
I need something shiny to distract from the nerves.
Let's see.
We have this.

A lovely baby monkey.
Yes, yes, adorable, but oddly, looking at it makes me sad. Sad is not better than nervous.
There's him, Peter off of Narnia.

But quite sadly, that reminds me of one of my characters. Actually, that's who I pictured when I wrote that particular character. DANGIT, nerves are back!!!
Hmm, what is not nerve inducing. . .

That might work. Though there's another character in that one, too, that reminds me of one of my people. Not as much, though.
If Gossip Girl fails me, though, I have something else that might just work. It can't be a book, because that will make me feel inadequate just about now. So, yes. I think this might do it instead.

My hate for Rose in this scene will overwhelm any other feeling.I mean, seriously. She should have just moved over.

No comments: