Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thank god for JK Rowling and Tamora Pierce

I love Harry Potter. I grew up with the books, and by the time I hit eighteen, I don't think the movies will even be done. It's a huge part of my childhood, plus she totally revamped YA fiction. JK Rowling is seriously one of my heroes.
The latest movie, which I've seen twice, has led me to a terrible realization.
In the books, I like Harry and Ron, as I should.
But then in the movie, this terrible occurence happened.
No, I didn't make the compilation, that's from some facebook site. I'm not that obsessed.
But he is quite adorable.
Hey, I'm fifteen. I'm allowed to be boy crazy.
On to the second part of the post.
Tamora Pierce. I assume you know who she is.



Two of many amazing books.
She's another hero author. Last year, she gave me few quotes for a journalism story. (Which the journalism teacher didn't put in the paper. I got a 98 on it, so it wasn't that she didn't like it. Eh.)
But anyway, it was really cool of Ms. Pierce, and when I was upset about writing--stuck in the whole 'everything is crap,  why am I doing this, I have no talent--and for whatever reason, it helped. So I wrote her a thank you email, not expecting a response.
Yet I got a super nice one. It was encouraging, it was helpful, it was just really great. She didn't have to do that at all. Seriously, I went and started jumping up and down with my sister about the awesomeness of it.
These are authors that have changed my life. Authors that have shaped my future.
They're the authors I want to be like.
Anyway. More later.

4 comments:

Rebecca Knight said...

Wow, reading this I feel really, really old :P. I discovered Harry Potter in college.

And that picture of Malfoy with his shirt off is really cute... damn it! Now I feel like a cougar. Thanks a lot ;)!

Rebecca Knight said...

Does anyone even say the word "cougar" any more? And can I be one if I'm only 26?

mo said...

rebecca knight: haha, i use the word couger and i'm only fifteen.
and no, i don't think you should be considered one at age 26.

sam: is it too crazy that i might have a teeny tiny crush on the Malfoy guy? i didn't even like him before, but... that's a niceee picture. hehe.

but i'll always love taylor more then anyone else. forever.

this is maggie, signing off! :D
(why i wrote that, i don't know since you can see my name up there and all ^^^)

Sam said...

Rebecca Knight: Hah, I think it's more that I'm just sadly young. And we say cougar in highschool all the time, like Maggi said
Maggi: Mine. You have Taylor. Let me have Malfoy/Tom Felton.
Hah, if only they attended our highschool, huh Mags?