Thursday, July 30, 2009

Contest(not mine)

Over at KT literary, there's a contest for making cover art. I've played with this stuff before, and it's fun, so I figured I'd put one up. Plus, since I'm so picky about other people's, it's probably good for me to make my own and realize how superior real art departments are.
The rules and stuff are posted under the picture, and the link to the agency.


This one's really simple, because the picture was too cool for me to do anything other than crop, resize and change saturation(sounds like a lot, but isn't really. Speaking as someone who's had to help put out yearbooks, believe me. It's not)
These are the rules;

1 - Go to Fake Name Generator. The name that appears is your author name.

2 - Go to Random Word Generator. The word listed under “Random Verb” is your title.

3 - Go to FlickrCC. Type your title into the search box. The first photo that contains a person is your cover.

4 - Use Photoshop, Picnik, or similar (KT literary used snagit, I used picnik, which is free) to put it all together. Be sure to crop and/or zoom in, as desired.

5 - Post it to your site along with this text.

And this is the site!
http://ktliterary.com/2009/07/having-some-fun-with-book-covers/

I suggest you try it. It's weirdly amusing.

No comments: