Friday, July 17, 2009

Revisions

I have found a synonym for hell.
Revisions.
Actually, that's not really true. It's kind of fun, playing with a manuscript. I like tweaking stuff to make a story better and I think I've finally hit the point where I can tweak a story no more. At least, not on my own. I'm searching around for a beta or two on various websites to get different opinions, and I'll keep tweaking, but I'm happy now.
Now, the hellish part comes with grammar. But getting it right is fabulous.
It's almost as good as cake or pretty nail polish.
Or this;

I LOVE fairy tale revisions, especially modern ones. Alex Flinn's BEASTLY was really good. I've only read about four chapters of this one, but it's fabulous so far.
My mom and I were at the bookstore today for quite a while, actually. I saw a lot of good books. It was interesting, seeing all of the books because now, I associate the agent with the cover. It was kind of odd, actually.
On another note; WINGS.
No, not like butterflies; as in fairies. As in Aprilynne Pike. As in this;

It's becoming a movie too. Guess who has been optioned for the main character?


Why yes. That IS Miley Cyrus.
I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. It's great if she stars and does well, because the author will get great press and it will be a good movie. But I really hope Disney doesn't turn it into Tinkerbell fest. That would be quite sad indeed.

No comments: